About the Scholarship:
The Worthington Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships annually to recent Maine graduates of our partner high schools who plan to attend full-time at our partner colleges.
Scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need and are renewable up to eight (8) semesters. Award amounts are up to $16,500 to attend a 4-year college and up to $14,260 to attend both community college and the option of continuing to a 4-year college.
Students from 69 eligible partner high schools across 11 counties in Knox, Waldo, Lincoln, Hancock, Washington, Oxford, Somerset, Piscataquis, Penobscot, Franklin, and Sagadahoc are encouraged to apply.
- Must be a graduating senior from a partner high school
- Be a legal Maine resident
- High School Grade Point Average (GPA): If planning to attend a 4-year college, high school GPA must be 3.0 or higher; If planning to attend a community college, high school GPA must be 2.2 or higher
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $15,000 or less as stated in the Student Aid Report of FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Be accepted and plan to attend full-time one of our Maine college partners in the Fall following your high school graduation
- Meet our ongoing semester-by-semester requirements
April 15 for 4-year college applicants. EXTENDED DEADLINE. The application will remain open until July 1st deadline or until all 4-year scholarships are filled, whichever comes first.
July 1st for community college applicants.
For all applying after April 15, due to the timing of the selection process, it is most likely that your name will not be announced at your high school awards night if you are selected as a Worthington scholar.
For additional information, visit the Worthington Scholarship Foundation website. You can appeal your EFC by contacting your college financial aid office. If you have an issue filling out the application, have a special circumstance, or have any questions before you do, please reach out to us at: email@example.com.
Below is our 2022 application...
If you run into a technical issue please contact Submittable Support: https://www.submittable.com/help/submitter/